14 Nisan 2012 Cumartesi

The Sunshine State

To contact us Click HERE
Today, the Sunshine State is cloudy and cool, at least where I am, in Jacksonville. I was awakened early this morning by heavy rain pelting my 5th floor window at the Best Western near Butler Blvd. and I-95. It was coming down pretty hard, I thought the sky was falling.

I know, I know, it's been two freakin' months since I posted here. I've almost abandoned the blog all together. I'm trying to not do that. This used to be my place of therapy, my place to air everything out. So let's start fresh...

As I mentioned, I'm in Jacksonville, Florida. Can you guess why I'm here? If you guessed that I'm here to discover that all the rumors and speculation about Florida poker are in fact true, you'd be right! Holy crap, I don't even know how to explain how fishy this place is. The things I hear them say are unbelievable. Their ideas and concepts on the game are so over-the-moon I can't even figure how they got to such a twisted place. And math? Well, that doesn't exist much here.

The first time one walks into The Poker Room at Orange Park Kennel Club, one might think he's in a prison rec-room or an abandoned park near a meth-lab or a trailer park. Ok, I may exagerate a bit, but a high enough percentage of the players look like they're on parole that it just seems weird. Dread locks, jailhouse tats, the strong smell of reefer, and the mullets... oh the mullets. And though it doesn't have to be so, they play just like they look. As as result, I am crushing them. There are a few winners in the room who have half a clue. But know this, it doesn't take much to be a winner in this room.

I came down here on February 24th. That was a thursday. I played 2-2 NLH thursday and friday and drove back to SC on Saturday to deal the game. The players were so clueless that I couldn't wait to get back down here so I returned on tuesday March 1st. I continued to play 2-2 but quickly realised that 2-5 was a better game. Also, I started off at The Poker Room at St. John's Greyhound Track. It's across town and is the same company. The room is nicer but the fish are much more plentiful at Orange Park so now I am playing 2-5 at Orange Park almost exclusively. This is my 7th trip in 7 weeks and my 6th full week here. I'm staying in hotels every sunday through thursday or friday in the $65 per night range and every saturday I return to SC to deal the game and make my guaranteed money, though the money here is starting to appear to be guaranteed. I've logged 191 hours here so far and made $38.86 per hour. I am backed by someone in SC and after the hotels there is plenty of money left over to chop and make it all worthwhile. I'm padding my bank account and we're working our way to the 5-10 tables.

After dealing this past saturday night and a brief sleep sunday morning, I drove back down here but was too tired to get started late sunday night. I was feeling a little under the weather when I woke up yesterday but I finally made it to the table and bought in for $300. After seven hours I had $955 in front of me and decided to run with it. The hotel has been covered and I have 3 or 4 more days to uptick much more. I feel much better today, more rested, so I am anxious to get started. I intend to regularly update here as there are plenty of goofy stories to tell from this Jacksonville, FL felt.

Wish me luck...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder