14 Nisan 2012 Cumartesi

Slacker

To contact us Click HERE
What can I say? I'm wearing a t-shirt today that reads "Slacker". That's what I've been with the blog. I used to love writing here and I guess I still do. Like I've said a few times, maybe I just don't feel like I have anything to tell. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

So when I last left you I mentioned that I found a poker game to deal. The game ran for over a year with the players passing the deal but now they have me and the improvements must be worth it because they seem to want to keep me around. The game is going strong and damned if it isn't starting to resemble a cross between the old Gaelic game and the Spring Hotel. We start at 7:00pm sharp and go strong until about 6:00am.

So I also made mention of playing 45 man turbo SNGs on Stars. In April and May I played 3827 of these SNGs with buy-ins ranging from $3 to $12. I'm slightly down right now and I haven't played in over a week because I sort of got caught up in what xpenginx likes to refer to as Full Tilt Poker's pyramid scheme. See, one night about a week and a half ago at about 3:00am I decided, out of pure boredom expertly mixed with inspiration, to deposit $20 onto FTP and play super turbo step SNGs. I started with step 1 for $3.30 and an hour and a half later I fell asleep, my account holding a step 4 ticket worth $75. The next day I got up and blew through step 4 and then broke even in step 5. Upon trying step 5 the second time I got knocked back to step 4, but then I pounded step 4, 5 and 6, finding myself in possession of a $2100 step 7 ticket. To shorten the story of the path, I have played step 7 three times now. The first time A8 kicked my AQ in the balls . The second time I only put a chip in the pot twice and was lucky as hell to get a step 6 ticket out of it. I have fallen back as far as step 4 on this same run and I now hold a step 5 ticket. I will not give up. The super turbo SNG will win me a $12,000 package. For the record, I'll be taking the cash.

Just a few minutes ago I invented a new game for myself that I intend to play every day, until I get bored with it. It's called "If I Lived in Vegas, What Would I Do Today?" Let's play now... Today, I would wake up and hit Starbucks around the corner from my apartment. I'd sit with a grande iced coffee with milk and 3 pumps of vanilla. I'd play my step 5 ticket and fiddle around on FTP for a bit and then I'd make my way towards the strip where I'd probably hit Noodle Asia at the Venetian for that spicy shrimp thing with the fat rice noodles that I like. Then I'd drive downtown and play cash at Binions and/or the Golden Nugget. That's it. That's my mood. I wanna sit around with the degenerates and crazy people downtown and play poker in the one room I've never booked a loss... Binion's.

If I don't keep up with the blog, one day I'll look back and wonder what the hell happened during this time. Nothing will be documented. So I shall try harder. You can definately look forward to more poker in the future. I'm getting back on Stars today and I'm looking for opportunities to play Steps. I'm dealing tomorrow and the money at this game is good. The point is, a roll is building. Vegas is on the horizon, if just for a week or so. I feel a wave coming and I can't wait to ride.

Here's to life, and to poker.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder