25 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Life's a Beach

To contact us Click HERE

I'm staying a little closer to the beach this week, maybe a mile off the sand itself. That sand would be on the north end of the Jacksonville beaches, properly called Atlantic Beach, or maybe Neptune Beach. One of those. There's a Starbucks about a block from the sand. It only has a drive through and a patio with a walk-up window. I like it. I'm there now...





There's a woman working at the front desk of my hotel. She's blonde. She's European, or maybe Russian. She's about 45. She has large, fake boobs. She speaks english but she pauses before responding, as if her processor is lagging. Every time I step from the elevator and walk by, she looks at me with a seemingly sarcastic smile and she appears to be considering kidnapping me, ordering me to my room, sexually assaulting me to her satisfaction, and then ripping my head off and leaving it on the bathroom floor. She appears to be a predator. I could do without the decapitation.



My laptop has dementia. It seems to be dying from the inside. It is on its last leg and I just may violently put it out of its misery. I should probably wait until I buy a new one. That will be happening shortly.

People are getting to know me at The Poker Room at Orange Park. I don't necessarily like that. They say things like, "Welcome back" when I walk in on Sunday evenings because they know I just drove back from SC. They yell at me from two tables away and ask if I'm "causing trouble" when the floor is making a drawn-out decision at my table. They know my name and I know theirs; Alan, Alan, Eric, Jerry, etc. I took it easy on one of them the other day and that goes against everything I believe in. He did check the turn to me and let me hit my straight flush for free to crack his aces. I still won a decent amount in that pot. Maybe I don't mind getting to know a few of them, they seem like nice enough guys. But they should be advised, I want their stacks.

I seem to be maintaining my win rate. I now have 236.5 hours logged at 2-5 and my hourly rate is $47.73. It swings between $44 and $49. I mentioned an hourly in my last post, but that included two weeks of 2-2 nlh. I realize as well as anyone that this sample is small. I worry that I won't maintain while remaining hopeful that I will. I buy in a little short each day at $300 and I wonder if my rate would improve if I sat with $500. I'm not sure that it would make a huge difference, but as my roll grows, my buy-in will grow.

I feel a little lost in other areas of life, but my head is in the game. I'm making money. I'm dedicated as I've now driven to Florida for ten straight weeks while returning each Saturday to deal the SC game. I am tired as shit, have been for about 2 weeks, but I just keep plugging along. I'm relaxing a little during the daytime hours today and maybe I'll move myself from this chair and out onto the beach. Maybe I'll lie down on the sand for a bit, listen to some waves. I did finish up early last night and get into bed at around midnight, but I didn't sleep well at all. When I'm not at the poker table, things are disrupting my ability to rest. Mabe it's the uncomfortable beds I'm sleeping in, maybe it's other things. Maybe my neck, back and legs hurt purely as a distraction from some emotional turmoil I'm going through. Or maybe my legs hurt because I began wearing flip flops last week and I walk differently in them. And maybe my neck and back pain really is because of the beds. Who knows, as long as I continue to make that money.

No more writing for now. I'm over it. Until next time... Up TheTrooper97!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder